We woke up this morning not to 8 inches of snow but only 3 inches of snow! And finally we got to catch a glimpse of Pike's Peak from our balcony.

We ate our "gourmet" breakfast. I am beginning to think that gourmet is just another word for weird... Of course the presentation was awesome but after I get down to the egg stuff (quiche) I find seafood with WAY to many tentacles to be on my plate. YIKES!! Needless to say, I ate the eggs and hope that tomorrow will be better.
After breakfast we went to "Cave of the Winds." I have been there in high school, but I realize now you need to go back to places like that because I now appreciate it! It was very interesting -- the history, the science... Here are some pictures from inside the Cave of the Winds.
We took in another local joint for lunch then hit the streets (this time without much snow) for a little shopping. Yea for cheap shirts place for the kids!
We decided to do another murder mystery this evening. The best part is that it was at Miramont Castle. Very interesting. Again, more history...
The murder mystery was ok... It wasn't as polished as the train one, and we still didn't guess right -- but we were close!
Tomorrow we head back to the real world. Chris is flying on to Dallas to get his NEW TRUCK and the girls and I are heading to Ruidoso. I hope everyone else is having a great spring break!






0 comments:
Post a Comment