Sunday, April 23, 2006

April



We have had a great April. The second weekend in April we went to Ft. Worth. We met up with Mike, Jamie, Peyton and Taylor to go to the zoo. The kids had a blast. One of the first things Kalin saw was a robot dinosaur and that was it for her with the dinos. Everywhere else we went she was looking out for dinosaurs. Kalin's favorite was the zebras and elephants. The girls were so cute; they had to hold hands after they finished each station. The next day, 4-9, Chris and I went to the Nascar race at Texas Motor Speedway. We had a blast! Chris got VIP passes through the Home Depot. We parked 15 feet from the gate(which is amazing if you have ever seen the place). We were admitted into the "Village of Champions" which is where all the VIP hospitality tents are located. We walked around and got to see several of the cars up close. According to Chris I broke #99, Carl Edwards, car but I will just plead the 5th and go on! As part of the hospitality, Chris and I got to go to pit road and take a look. We happen to be there about the time they were bringing out the cars. Mark Martin's car, #6, was just inches away. (And no I did not break that car!) We were there from 6 AM till about 6:30 PM. It was so worth it though!! While we were enjoying the race the girls got to enjoy Linda and Frances. Thanks again!!!
Thursday, the 13th was an exciting day. I finally got my assignment for next year and we made our first emergency room visit with Kalin. First, I will be teaching 6th grade Social Studies at Hutchinson Middle School next year. I am super excited and couldn't have asked for better. Second, Kalin's story: We were at the Allison's and Kalin fell off the counter and she landed chin first and it split wide open. Luckily the cut was perfectly straight and the dr. was able to use Dermabond (super glue). It is already looking a lot better. Thank goodness I was off the next day for Easter. We went up to Amarillo for Easter. Saturday we put up mom and dad's pool. It looked so inviting, too bad it was so cold! While we were putting up the pool we began to smell smoke. So what did we do? Exactly what we are not supposed to, we went looking for it!! Mom and I couldn't believe all the people that were out sightseeing the wildfire... Sunday was beautiful: Dean, Camille, Alec, Raymond, Jeff, Penny, Cole, Caleb, Sam, Muggins and all of us ate dinner at mom and dad's. We enjoyed just visiting and watching the kids play. Cole and Kalin hunted Easter eggs. Kalin would pick them up and shake them, if they rattled she took them for the M&M's, that's my girl!
The 18th and 19th were TAKS testing days (2 of the longest days for teachers) so I am so glad that is over. I always like to do something fun after TAKS so this week we will be dissecting Owl pellets. Fun huh!?!
Wow, just typing April makes me tired....I don't see us slowing down any. Until next month......

1 comments:

The Binkley Family said...

Thanks for the update! I look forward to when you get the pics up!

 

The Klameth's © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner