Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Wedding

Ok, since some of you may not know what is going on, I will start at the beginning and give you a nutshell story to tell you about the wedding.
First, Chris' little brother Rusty (who is 19) decided that he was going to marry Jennifer (who he met working at McDonald's). Rusty just finished his 1st year of college at OCU. And life was all fine and dandy until they mentioned those frightful words. We want Kalin and Kenna to be in the wedding. I actually heard the dum-dum-dummmmmmm in my head. A 5 and 2 year old in the wedding. In June we went looking for the dresses. Wow....I have never in my life thought I would spend so much on dresses!! I was SHOCKED!

SO, now it is time for the wedding. Friday was the rehearsal. It was a weeeee bit chaotic. I found out when I got there that there we also 2 ring bearers. The first thing I thought was, good...at least it may not be MY kid that will screw up the wedding. Kalin and Kenna both did great practicing. That is, when they weren't running, screaming--chasing the ring bearers around. I will tell you more details about the rehearsal (if you ask me).
Saturday came way too quickly. Everyone was nervous...Chris was hot (he was the best man) and my kids were getting antsy. SO, we were supposed to be at the church, dressed, at 1:00 (the wedding was at 3:00). The hair person was late so that gave me a little reprieve. I did Kenna's hair and began working on Kalin's hair. Went back to fix Kenna's again then back to Kalin (get the point).
Finally, after
30 minutes, I figured out how to get the hair things in their hair. After, dresses, glitter and make-up we were ready for pictures. Only one problem....The bride hated her hair and decided to rewash it (at 2:00--the wedding is a 3:00). No problem, right? If the bride ain't happy -- no body's happy, right? It was about this time Kenna begins to whine for something to eat. Take a look at the dress and tell me what in the world I am supposed to feed her. Luckily we found crackers. Finally, Jen was ready to go at 5 til 3:00. Ok, we line up outside. Kalin, of course, is perfect. Kenna...Well, at least she was spinning, scooting and eating crackers in a localized place. Oh, and she put crackers and a plastic Dalmatian puppy in her flower girl basket. Kalin went down the isle - perfect, dropped the right amount of flowers -- stood on her spot -- YEA!! Then comes Kenna and Eric (a 4 year old - with a touch of ADHD, nice match). Kenna gets about 5 steps in and begins to pick up the flowers dropped by Kalin saying "sister dropped this." She just stopped 1/2 and would not go. Eric was just standing there being so greatly patient. I had gone up to the front to "catch" her, well I finally had to walk 1/2 up the isle and grab her. Which of course made her start to scream...While the basket still set in the middle of the isle. Chris told me later that with her being in a $300 dress -- we should have drug her to the front. Anyways, I took her to the back as the bride was coming down. Needless to say, I missed the wedding.
After the wedding we had to do all the pictures. Now Kenna is not only hungry but very TIRED! We got 2 pictures of Kenna and neither was she smiling or looking. It was an adventure and by 5:30 we were ready to go. Rusty and Jen did get married and from what I gather, it was a nice wedding. I am glad this weekend is over. I just hope I can sell the dresses and recoup some of the loss.

Well, if you would like a more theatrical telling of the story, I will be happy to share it with you...(I have more pictures in the Jen and Rusty's Wedding album on my Myspace)

3 comments:

A D said...

If nothing else, they both look beautiful!!!

The Binkley Family said...

Oh my goodness! That sounds like an interesting time. Well, the girls looked spectacular. $300 dresses???? That is a LOT of money!

realitymomma said...

1- the girls are beautiful
2- ebay the dresses (you'll get the most for the money)
3- the hair loks great
4- mommy probably stressed more about the girls than anybody. i am thinking how cute and how sweet and fun.
5- i was at a wedding last summer outside at County Line. ducks walked in line in front of the bridesmaids. they got to the front and left. they waddled like they were supposed to be there. it was funny and no one minded.
6- it's all over and goes down as remember when -

 

The Klameth's © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner