Tuesday, May 22, 2007

May Blog

Well, it is the end of May already. How time flies!
With May comes Mother’s Day, Kalin’s birthday, a recital and the end of school!
The first weekend in May, mom and dad came up and brought the pool! I was excited. The pool seemed so big in their backyard, and then when we put it up in our big backyard- it wasn’t that big. It took several hours of cleaning, mopping and straightening to get the pool situated. Finally, we began to fill the pool. It took about 3 days to fill it. The funny thing is that you never realize how unleveled your yard is until you fill something up with water. Sure enough the pool is uneven so we are only able to fill it to about 3.5 feet. That is still enough to float and the kids to swim! Oh and mom, Cristy and I also found a great sale at the Disney store. Needless to say all the kids are getting Disney for their birthdays!
The next weekend was Mother’s Day weekend. Saturday we went shopping (again, my husband is spoiling me!). Saturday Chris and I decided we wanted to surprise my mom for Mother’s Day. We got to Amarillo just as their 1st church service let out. Mom was so surprised to see us. We went out to eat and visited for a while. It was a nice visit.
On a side note, the 17th we went to the JTH orchestra concert. We really do have the BEST orchestra in town. Kalin and Kenna weren’t near as impressed as Chris and I were.
Saturday the 19th began our longest weekend ever. Saturday we had Kalin’s 5th birthday party. (Can you believe she is 5 already?) She had some friends from school over and Jacey of course. It was nice. The party was all Cars and Lightning McQueen. This was the first birthday party that was not pink and princess. But we survived… Then after lunch it was time to get Kalin ready for recital practice. Wow, was that a chore. Putting eyeliner on Kalin was no picnic (ask Cristy). Kalin really enjoyed practice. She loved putting on the make-up and getting all dressed up. My fear was finally extinguished when Kalin performed perfectly on stage. I was so proud of her! She did a great job. When we got back to the house Jack, Linda and Angie were there. So we had more birthday stuff for Kalin! Yea! Sunday we all got ready. Grammy and Papa came down (again more birthday stuff). Kalin wasn’t nervous at all. We did the make-up thing again; the newness had worn off by now though so Kalin wasn’t that thrilled to be doing everything again. She did perk up when it was glitter time. And boy did we glitter the girls up. There was a lot of waiting Sun. We went and watched a little bit of the show but the applause and all the people began to make Kalin nervous so we went and just hung out in the back. Kalin went on stage with all of her other Groovy Chicks and performed great once again! The recital was finally over at 5, we went and ate and all of us were in bed by 7. We were TIRED!!!
With that weekends over that leads to one thing-~-~ THE END OF SCHOOL!
Now let me just begin with, I have taught now for 7 years. Every other of the 6 six years, I am 100% ready for school to be over. However, I have never had a job or kids that I love as much as this year. My job is so awesome…The people I work with are tops…There is just nothing that I don’t like. The kids have been great as well. I have had to teach 6th grade science this year. To some of you, you may laugh because you know how much I can’t stand bugs, varmints, etc… Oh, let’s just face it; I would rather look at something on a something on a computer instead of real life. But I made it!!!
Kalin made it too. She has really blossomed during Pre-K. At the beginning of the year she didn’t say much, now she talks none stop and we have to remember that she can spell a lot now when Chris and I are trying to talk over them.

The kids are really looking forward to the summer. Today is the first day that was warm enough to get in the pool. It has actually been a very wet and rainy August. Kalin is going to visit Grammy next week while I get ready for a garage sale. I am selling EVERYTHING baby!! Kenna is growing up so much. She tries to do everything Kalin does and gets frustrated when she can’t. This summer should be a great summer….Great pool playing….Great backyard fun….Great fighting, oh I mean great sisterly togetherness… Great, great, great….I will check in a couple of weeks from now and let you know how things are going!

6 comments:

The Binkley Family said...

I am so glad that you enjoyed your year of teaching. I know you spent a great deal of time not knowing where you would be and it turned out great! Kalin looks great in her costume. I cannot believe Kenna is no longer a baby. Time does fly by.

Lisa Renee said...

Kalin looks so grown up in those pics!!! and NO I CANNOT BELIEVE SHE IS FIVE!!!! Wow, time DOES fly! Happy Birthday to a precious little girl!

Harmony said...

I can't believe our kids are 5 already! Fun times ahead though.

A D said...

Kalin looked so big. 5 already!! Hope your summer is great!!

realitymomma said...

how many girls can wear a big fluffy yellow chick costume and look that adorable? a few, but kalin pulled it off. she is so grown-up and what about the make-up? it won't be long until she is wearing it everyday. treasure these moments. they fly before we even can take off!!!!

Lisa Renee said...

DUDE.........ITs JULY!

 

The Klameth's © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner