
Hello friends! Wow, August just flew by!!!
Our August began with Kalin and myself taking a trip to Amarillo. July 31st mom had knee surgery. Kalin and I went up to take care of her. Kalin was a great helper. She would count while Grammy did all of her exercises. Mom was doing much better by Thursday so we came home Friday so we could go SCHOOL SHOPPING for Kalin!
August 4th weekend was tax free weekend. We decided to brave the crowds. Kalin was great shopping for school clothes. She made sure everything matched. It was great! Towards the end of the day Kalin decided that she was ready to get her ears pierced. After some coaxing, so was dad. So we take her in to the place and when they went to draw the dot on her ear she freaked out. So we went to do more shopping and eating then she decided she wanted to try again. I told her this time there was no backing out. So again she freaked out and I had to restrain her but we got it done! She now has really cute pink and crystal flowers on her ears. Now the next hurdle is letting me take them out to clean them....
August 9th I started my new job at Hutchinson (Hutch) Middle School. I immediately knew I was going to love it there. The people are great! More than half of the staff is new and that has helped to bond together. I was initiated quickly as "the computer lady" and learned very fast to get organized and work quick. I spent the first 3 days fixing computers to get people up and running for the first day. I also had to get things together for my 2 sections of science. For the first week I didn't sit down until I got in the car to go home. Things are beginning to slow down a little now. I have had every problem I can imagine and then the next day there is some new problem. I LOVE IT!!!! I have also really enjoyed teaching science. I am able to do so many experiments. My favorite so far was cornstarch and water.
August 10th was meet your teacher night at Kalin's school. Kalin was a little timid but as soon as she met Mrs. Thompson she was hooked. Her teacher is wonderful. She made Kalin feel right at home. The first day of school was more difficult for us than Kalin. She walked right in like she had been going forever. The bad parents in us forgot to get a picture on the first day, so we are going to take pictures the next time she wears the same outfit. Kalin loves school, but has been a little put out that she can't read yet.
She likes spending the last hour with me at my school. She gets to play on the computer. She has become quite the little computer whiz. Kenna is doing great. She transitioned fine but definitely misses her mama! She will cry when we get home but after some mama times she gets better. Other than that she is a hoot. She loves to be the center of attention, she sings and talks constantly (don't know where she gets that), and dances to any music.
I will probably make updates to this because I am sure I forgot something and probably made a million mistakes. But all in all, things are going great with us. The kids are great and I love my new job!
5 comments:
I LOVE that cornstarch and water thing, not a liquid but not a solid! I learned that in 9th grade and did it a lot at home. I have contemplated doing it with the three's more for fun than trying to explain liquids and solids! Those are great pics! Is the one of you and Chris an anniversary pic?
What a cute couple!!!
Sounds like you guys are doing great! We miss you very much! Did you get much use of the wagon this summer?
I was glad to see you are keeping up the Bible Study, too!
Keep in touch...
your girls are precious. i cannot believe how big they are. the second is going to catch the first before too long. we miss your family and will hopefully see you all soon! hope school is still going great. not too much longer before some breaks come around.
So do we get September and October in one big post? What were the girls for Halloween?
Post a Comment